








Gordon wanted me to be sparing on the colour, so I avoided using it as much as possible. Unfortunately, while I tried my best to make everything pale (except for the blood - wanted that to stand out) Kayoss looked just plain retarded with pale fur. So I painted him with the colours he has in my graphic short The Prayer Fulfilled but those looked stupidly red (I've never been completely happy with those colours) so I tried toning them down with some orange, thus miraculously finding the colours I've been TRYING to create for him for about half a decade.
Congratulations Kayoss. Your cartoony version has finally stopped looking so stupid.
Thanks to this over the holidays I'm going to have to go back and recolour every single panel of my comic with Kayoss in it. YAY.
In any case, I hope you have enjoyed the journey of this storyboard. You can witness the entire progression of its creation by looking back in older posts or searching 'storyboard' in the archives. Also, this storyboard isn't complete. I plan on adding to it and turning it into a fully coloured animatic complete with sound effects and some animation as well as music next semester!
Special thanks to Gordon Crum.


That was soo cool!
ReplyDeleteThanks!
ReplyDelete